REAL Projects are designs for learning that connect deep subject content with real world problem solving. They enable all students to create extraordinary work that matters. They are currently running in Year 7.
This year at Passmores we have run several REAL projects aimed at answering the following questions:
- Are all animals worth saving? An English, geography and art cross curricular project looking at conservation which resulted in a published book.
- Fair Trade? A cross curricular project involving English, maths, media studies, technology and art which resulted in a documentary screened at Harlow College and merchandise sold in the local community.
- What is spirituality? A cross curricular project involving citizenship, art and religious education resulting in an art exhibition in the heart of Harlow
- How do roller-coasters work?: a cross curricular project combining maths and science
- Why is sport important? Combining PE and English to answer the central question and put on a sports day for a local primary school.