Students Towards Excellent Progress
Hello, my name is Mrs Baldwin and I am the STEP Team Leader. I have been at Passmores since 2007, having started as a co-educator. I have been fortunate enough to develop to my current role from working on my own to now having a team assisting me. I love how rewarding my job is and how every day is different as well as seeing how the students develop and grow.
The STEP Team is designed to carry out early interventions for students who are having difficulties in terms of their behaviours within school, and having troubles adhering to the Passmores Relationship Charter. Alongside this, the team are also there to support students who are having particular difficulties in school, either socially, emotionally or academically.
Here are the team's key objectives for 2016/ 17:
– To carry out early behaviour interventions for identified pupils:
– To work with particular students who have specific needs, which are preventing them from engaging in learning through positive reinforcement booklets and progress record cards
– To manage the whole school sanction of ‘Ed Zone’ on Tuesdays and Thursdays (when required).
– To work alongside, SLT, Head of House, tutors and other staff to identify problem areas and to assist in re-engagement with learning.
– To carry out student observations in classrooms, and offer in class support and advice where necessary.
– To help instil and enforce Passmores' core relationship values amongst the student body:
– To encourage positive relationships within Passmores and promote anti-bullying within the school.
– To organise external provisions for students and be the link between Passmores, parents and outside agencies.
– To regularly liaise with parents/carers and attend meetings/reviews. To take an active part in student re-integrations following selected sanctions.
– To arrange and carry out student-specific interventions such as mentoring, monitoring, restorative justice and anger management.
• STEP Team member- Teri Brabant- Rudd (TRD) – "Hello my name is Mr Rudd I am in my third year at Passmores and have a background in the hospitality, construction and leisure industries, I am also a rugby coach. I enjoy using my knowledge and skills to assist the students in improving their engagement, and love how rewarding and different every day can be, as well as the positive relationships I am able to form with the students."
As a team we are practically perfect in every way and could in fact have been called "amazing" by some of our satisfied customers!